After a hectic day, happy hours help you relax. Bonding with workmates, talking about the day and listening to some good music works for many. Think it this way, if you make such activities a routine, you might end up taking alcohol daily and more calories than you had planned. Many people only know consumption as the path to relaxing. Let me tell you some truth, it might not be possible to remove stress from your life, but you can learn to deal with it. Below are some ideas to help you relax without food or alcohol.
- Pray and meditate. Look for a calm location, sit down for some moments and connect with yourself and maker. Give thanks for blessings and let your thoughts flow without judging them.
- Take a deep breath. A few calming breathes go a long way. Breathe in from deep down your diaphragm, not your chest. Stretch your exhalations to match your inhalation. Focus on your breath as it moves in and out of your nose.
- Take a bath. Enjoy a long bath in your bathtub filled with warm water. Soak yourself in self-made or purchased fragrant bath soaps. Set the bathroom with candles, fluffy towels or any other accessory you love.
- Take a walk. This is a great way to appreciate nature. Stroll around your house or Local Park. Explore all the new routes alone. Make it your quiet time. The birds and trees remind us of the maker and the power of life which is soothing.
- Visualize. Set your eyes on things that make you happy. It might not be for real, just imaging of that which makes you happy, imagine yourself in that dream town and smile.
- Play sports. This should be done with friends. Remember the idea is to relax so you should avoid extreme competitions. Schedule for soft games like darts or tennis.
- Go dancing. If you love music, go to a nice place which plays your favorite. Listen to it and take the dance floor. You can enroll for rumba classes or go for a date in a club with live bands.
- Spend time with your pet. Animals make great companions. Research shows that talking to animals is less stressful because they won’t judge you as humans do.
- Laugh. Humor lessens our burdens. Relate to people in the same situation as yours and laugh it off. Associate with for example parents who will show you the funny side of parenting. It gets better.